Ruthie’s Chocolate & Date Ball Recipe
2 ½ cups pitted dates
1 cup cocoa (or cacao)
¾ cup desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon mixed spice (or cinnamon)
½ cup walnuts
Extra coconut for rolling
Extra walnuts crumbs for rolling
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor with 2-3 tablespoons of water and blend until the mixture comes together in a ball (approx. 2 minutes).
- Put the mixture into a bowl.
- Roll teaspoons of the mixture into small balls using wet hands or disposable gloves.
- Roll in extra coconut or walnuts. (You can mix some of the coconut and walnuts together and rolled some of the balls in both.)
- Put the balls in an airtight flat container in the fridge for 1 hour until firm.
- Store in the fridge.